Friday, October 19, 2012

Shelly beach, Caloundra will always be our first!

Well folks, we've been here for 5 full days. Our days have been filled with getting oriented, grocery shopping, setting up bank accounts, , getting driver's licences, house hunting, learning how to drive on the WRONG side of the road, adjusting to the time change. It's been a little confusing at times, frustrating and exhausting, but today we did the best kind of first. The kind of first that we will forever be burned into my memory.

We arrived on the beach and walked thru 200 metres of soft golden sand to a lagoon that was filled in the morning during high tide, and by 3:30 it was perfect for playing in! Jake was terrified! First he got some wet sand stuck to the scrape on his knee, so he wiped away with his hand, then he rubbed his eyes and the squealing began. After Ryan got him sand free and calm, he convinced him to go see the ocean, and here is where my moment happened.

I was trailing behind, with the baby so when I came up and over the sand bank, I saw my son running away from an upcoming wave, screeching with sheer joy, and my husband standing in the ocean watching and laughing at our boy. I thought to myself, "we're not on holidays, we're home!"

We're driving home now and I can still feel the salty sticky ocean air on my face

Life is so good, and it just keeps getting better

Just a side note, Currently do not have a phone to snap quick shots, so I've actually been using my awesome SLR but... I don't get my computer to upload all my photos until mid December, so hang tight peeps, a TON are photos are still to come!

Much love to you my friends and family

Holmes
Over and out

1 comment:

  1. Awe Jewls, I cried when I read your blog about the beach! Not a sad cry, it brought back some beautiful warm memories of my boys when we lived in Victoria and the many, many days we sat on the beach and played in the Pacific ocean. Your life is not boring to me sweetheart, these are the very best days of your lives; Being parents, savouring every moment(even the naughty ones)! Now that is living! That is why I love photos so very much; they can take me back to relive a moment in time or I can share in a loved one's event (if only for a moment). Thank you so much for sharing your lives and babies with me. Kisses to all!

    ReplyDelete